Inspiring

Hero Homeless Man Breaks Into Home to Save Two Toddlers From Apartment Fire

A Las Vegas homeless man is being praised as a hero after he saved two small children from a fire, KSNV reports.

Anival Angulo heard two small children screaming and saw smoke coming from a building. Without hesitation, Angulo broke through a security door and got into the apartment.

Angulo saved a 10-month-old boy and a 3-year-old girl.

“Went to the door and saw the babies so I jumped the fence and I pulled on the screen door and I wrapped up the babies and pulled them out,” said Angulo. “I knew I had to get them out.”

According to the fire department, the fire started when the kids’ grandfather, who was watching the kids, left food on the stove.

“The children were in the living room. Food was cooking on the stove. The grandfather was watching the children. He was in a back bedroom. The kids say the stove caught on fire, it got bigger and they started yelling. The granddad couldn’t get to them because of the fire,” said Las Vegas Fire and Rescue’s Tim Szymanski.

“It’s obvious if this person hadn’t been there, these children could’ve been burned or may have been killed in the fire,” said Szymanski.